Re: Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:32:40 -0500

Hi David:

The first satellite I would take a look at would be FO-29.  There you
would have a passband to work with.  Certainly, you will need SSB
capability for phone contacts.  Your antennas can be a simple eggbeater
or onward to cross (circular) polarized yagis with alt-el pointing. The
bands would be the same.  Your first investment would be the Satellite
Handbook from ARRL.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL