Re: Icom IC 910 ( again)!!

>First, I'm surprised that the noise level is an issue with any receiver
>when you use a 2 meter dish for AO40 reception.  You should be able to
>hear the transponder noise floor most of the time with your 2-meter
>dish.  The transponder noise floor should be higher than the noise floor
>of your preamp/downconverter, which should be MUCH higher than the noise
>floor of your receiver.

>   I'm not familiar with the IC-910H.

For what it is worth to anyone, I have the 910H.....

I compared my ICOM 821 to several of the newer Yaesu's, side by side, switching
the same antennas for an immediate comparison.  My neighbor had the
Yaesu's, and when he heard the difference between them and my 821 he sold
the Yaesu's and purchased the 910H.  The 910 was a tad better than the 821,
and I now use the 910  with a TEKSHARP 1.2 meter dish.  I can now peak my
antenna position (my rotors are 16 years old, and pretty creaky!) using the
noise floor.

I assume the new Yaesu's are better than the 736, but I have never used one...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....