AO40rcv FEC version

A while back I posted a message commenting that it seemed to me that the ability of the newer FEC versions of AO40rcv to decode the standard blocks seems to be worse than the older non-FEC versions. A couple of other people replied agreeing with that view, but I don't recall seeing anything further. Is everybody else who uses the updated AO40rcv getting good recovery of both types of block - assuming good signal strength?

Sorry - I don't know the answers to the other recent AO40rcv questions either.

73's Chris G4SDG