Re: Re: Leila in "jam only" mode

> I could not agree more on the downlink with respect to polarity.....yes,
> yes, yes,
> I would never bother with a linear feed on the downlink...2.4
>
> Do you have polarity switching on your downlink???
>
> My question again to you...what does polarity switching on the AO40 435
> uplink have to do with the downlink???
>
> My polarity switcher on the uplink works just fine, use it on the FO's all
> the time when they are available...But I have never noticed an iota of
> difference when switching the 435 uplink on AO40....have you???
>

>             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
>                     Disagree: I learn....

No Dave
   no polarity switcher on the downlink here, and yes I have noticed
difference on the uplink, like I said, wind a helix for 435 backwards and see
what happens... and what does the uplink have to do with the downlink? well I
would guess that if you don't get into the sat receiver very well thats its
not likely it will come out the other end very well :-).

the point of my post was not to imply that all ills on ao40 are because of
circularity, it was to say that there are many things that can trip you up,
and you should never throw away gain, and more gain on receive is always
better than more gain on xmit, don't you agree?

73
Kevin wa6fwf