Re: Re: Leila in "jam only" mode

> > >read again, I didnt say anything about reversing polarity,or needing to
> > >switch, I said people not needing circular...
> > >
> > >linear polarized antennas on ao40 fade up and down, the higher the squint
> > > the easier it is to see the fade, its reproduceable... and it seems more
> > > noticeable on uplink than on downlink.
> >
> > Now you've got me more confused than ever....what does polarity have to do
> > with the uplink???  I say again, I've tried both polarities on AO40 uplink,
> > and I've never noticed any difference...
> >

> >             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
> >                     Disagree: I learn....
>
>Well Dave,
>   s1 is circularly polarized...  wether your able to notice it or not... a
>circular feed works better for receive than a linear feed does...
>   as far as transmit try this, get on hellscrieber on U  with a linear
> antenna
>horizontal or vertical it doesn't matter,and send ry's or something, a nice
>long string, turn down your power until you can just barely copy  the print,
>and watch the print you will see it fade in and out..
>
>now try it with a circular polarized antenna... it will be steady as a rock...
>
>I have seen this just too many times with too many stations to be able to say
>polarization doesn't matter...
>
>build a helix for 435 and wind it the wrong way and you will find out really
>quick the effects of polarization...
>
>I'm surprised with as much as your on that you haven't seen this... is it
>possible your polarity switch isn't working right?

I could not agree more on the downlink with respect to polarity.....yes,
yes, yes,
I would never bother with a linear feed on the downlink...2.4

Do you have polarity switching on your downlink???

My question again to you...what does polarity switching on the AO40 435
uplink have to do with the downlink???

My polarity switcher on the uplink works just fine, use it on the FO's all
the time when they are available...But I have never noticed an iota of
difference when switching the 435 uplink on AO40....have you???

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....