Re: Re: Leila in "jam only" mode

On Monday 12 January 2004 22:22, Dave Guimont wrote:

> > > I've never seen any difference on my 435 uplink even reversing
> > > polarity. What sort of polarity changes do you use on your uplink??
> > >

> > >             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
> > >                     Disagree: I learn....
> >
> >read again, I didnt say anything about reversing polarity,or needing to
> >switch, I said people not needing circular...
> >
> >linear polarized antennas on ao40 fade up and down, the higher the squint
> > the easier it is to see the fade, its reproduceable... and it seems more
> > noticeable on uplink than on downlink.
>
> Now you've got me more confused than ever....what does polarity have to do
> with the uplink???  I say again, I've tried both polarities on AO40 uplink,
> and I've never noticed any difference...
>

>             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
>                     Disagree: I learn....

Well Dave,
  s1 is circularly polarized...  wether your able to notice it or not... a
circular feed works better for receive than a linear feed does...
  as far as transmit try this, get on hellscrieber on U  with a linear antenna
horizontal or vertical it doesn't matter,and send ry's or something, a nice
long string, turn down your power until you can just barely copy  the print,
and watch the print you will see it fade in and out..

now try it with a circular polarized antenna... it will be steady as a rock...

I have seen this just too many times with too many stations to be able to say
polarization doesn't matter...

build a helix for 435 and wind it the wrong way and you will find out really
quick the effects of polarization...

I'm surprised with as much as your on that you haven't seen this... is it
possible your polarity switch isn't working right?

73
Kevin wa6fwf