Re: Intolerance-MISINFORMATION!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Intolerance-MISINFORMATION!
(snip)
> But even if he doesnt have it on hand, I think that suggesting that a
> new-bee just wanting to see what satellites are about, go out and invest
> $1000 on an AZ/EL rotator system, $300 on Antennas and preamps and
> converters before he can hear his first signal is too high a hill to climb
> for the typical introductory user.
(snip)

FYI ... I used to be an AMSAT NA member, but I let it lapse. I own a brand
new AZ/EL rotor and fiberglass cross boom that I have NEVER used (no, they
are not for sale)   I have only made one (or was it two) sat contact(s) on
Mode A equipment. My interest has wained considerably .. yet, for some
reason, I still stay subscribed to this list ;-)

Bob and I don't always see eye-to-eye, but on this I tend to agree with him.

Richard Amirault                                N1JDU                Boston,
MA, USA
www.erols.com/ramirault          "Go Fly A Kite"