Re: Leila in "jam only" mode

Stacey Mills wrote:

Done.
Leila-1 should now be in "jam only" mode on a trial basis.  Let's see what
happens and re-evaluate.

Wayne replies:

We all benefit if we can make this work.  Let's police ourselves.  If you hear a LEILA siren when transmitting, please immediately reduce your uplink power if there is a chance that your uplink power is too high.  If you hear somebody else trigger a LEILA siren, please remind them to reduce their uplink power if they didn't seem to reduce their power.

In the interest of fairness, it would be helpful to politely inform beacon-level L-banders that you could still hear them just fine if they reduce their power.

Thanks!

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA