Re: In-band Doppler correction

Anthony Monteiro wrote:

I recall working on this on the FT-847 using the repeater offset to
control it and I ran into some strange problem (the radio ignores
the CAT commands sometimes???) so it will not work on an FT-847.

Wayne replies:

The problem with the FT-847 is that the CAT interface only allows the repeater offset to be programmed in large increments (10 kHz, I think).   Far too coarse for Doppler tuning.  I learned this while testing DK1TB's attempt to get ISS Doppler tuning to work on my FT-847.

Wayne Estes
Mundelein, IL, USA