Where to put the antennas ?

I dont have a tower at this point.  I have been able to put what HF antennas I have in the attic and have done well with them there.  I have my vhf and uhf antennas for the local repeaters in there.  Since I am new to satellites, I am still in a learning phase.  Since the roof was done with plywood sheets and asphalt shingles, is it going to be a lot of attenuation ?

I am working on a way to have a temporary setup outside but would like to have something that I can leave in place all the time.  Any good place at my house is compromised by where the electric service comes and would have the antennas too close to the incoming ac line.

Ron
Ka4kyi