Orbit Number Trivia Question

While RXing telemetry this evening I noticed from AO-40 it shows the orbit
number is 1455.   When I look on NOVA it shows orbit number is 1456.  I
observed that under the configuration set up for the text display offers two
methods for the orbit number being @ perigee or @ ascending node.  I tried
both of those settings and my orbit# still shows 1456 when the telemetry
shows 1455.   I switched my NOVA to UTC to check if that makes any
difference, it didn't.

Does anyone have the answer why NOVA shows the orbit number different than
what is from the telemetry ?

Best regards,

Jim KL7QR
Ham Site: http://members.cox.net/jtudehope/KL7QR.htm