2003-12-31 AO-40 Update

The lowering of ALAT is progressing well.  We are currently holding ALON at
335-340 and lowering ALAT the last 10 degs toward 0.
We will allow a few more (2-3) orbits for this to occur, to verify our
position, and for the solar angle to decrease to below 40 degs. for extra
power.  After that we will activate the passbands from MA 20 to 140.  As we
chase the sun back to 0/0 at about 1 deg/day, the passbands will be
lengthened and moved more into the second half of the orbit.

All the best for 2004 from the AO-40 Command Team.