Re: AO-40 XPONDER opening!

On 31 Dec 2003 at 12:23, Miguel Menéndez wrote:

> HI Luc,
> I think that it is a decision of the command team, in function of the satellite parameters. If we want an
> ALON/ALAT= 0/0, with better conditions in the apogee, the solar angle won't come down 45º until final of
> January-2004.

And
On 31 Dec 2003 at 9:57, Rolf Niefind wrote:

SATPC tells me even lower than 13 degs

 excp fb condx for ops

I checked on a bell curve points on orbits between squint of 30 degs and exactly there is period where squint
goes lower than 13 degs.

If i checked telemetry in the navigation screen under spin sensor i have a figure of 42.26 degrees this
should be sufficient to properly illuminate the solar panels? When passband are OFF it is a good time to look
at the MB datas and trying to understand the meaning of it. I cannot ascertain the spin sensor figures but
2.74 degrees difference on sun angle seem not to be significative enough.  But as my mother in law says "You
should always try to be perfect...especially towards her" (Her as AO-40 in our case) that's why we all love
our mothers in law...:)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator