RE: QSLing

I promptly respond to all QSL requests, and I get a very good response rate when I send out QSLs for DX satellite contacts.  (I'm not a satellite grid-chaser)

But the amateur satellite hobby attracts a lot of people who are primarily interested in the "technical" aspects rather than "communicating with lots of countries/grids".  After operating as FG/W9AE in Guadeloupe, I was somewhat surprised that I only received QSL cards from about half of the U.S. stations I contacted.  That's a good indication that about half of U.S. satellite operators don't care about QSLing.

About 2/3 of the European stations I contacted in Guadeloupe sent QSL cards direct or via bureau.  Overall, I'm amazed at how many European satellite operators QSL every contact via bureau.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA

p.s.  FR5DX has a couple of MY dollars, and I don't have his QSL.