From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of HFDXJUNKIE@aol.com
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 12:42 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] QSLing

Hello Group,
           Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. A few weeks ago the
subject
came up about QSLing. Doing my end of the year BURO cards I was checking
my
complete log for band fills and such. I see I have 303 US Grids worked
Via the
few voice Sats we had and have. Out of those contacts I have recieved
140
confirmed. Everyone I sent my card to recieved a SASE with it, and I'm
talking
months ago they were sent out , not 4 weeks ago. If the those who didnt
confirm do
not QSL or do not have cards to do so, they didnt even send my SASE back
with
a small note saying I do not QSL which would have been fine. I have 100
percent return from DX cards. I even recieved card from FR5DX Jean, you
know they
guy every Statside Op says never confirms and throws your card away.
Well
friends,  too bad thats not true at all and seems the guys right here in
the US must
peel the stamp off the envelope and use it for their Telephone bill. Sad
but
true. You know who you are, and there are no excuses 4-5 maybe never got

delivered , but certainly not over 150 cards.  Geeze, the 6 meter guys
want to
drive to your house and hand deliver them. I guess its just magical
things
happening on the "Magic Band".

IF YOU CAN'T OR WILL NOT CONFIRM THE GRID OR CONTACT , DON'T MAKE THE
CONTACT
AND GIVE OUT THE GRID. YOU ARE JUST A PIRATE IN MY LOG.

          Happy New Year, Pete NA2P / Ex- KC2HLI  FN30  NA-026