2003-12-26, AO-40 Update

The drifting has proceeded at about 85% of the predicted rate, so we have
been a little slower moving then we would have liked.  However, we are now
at about ALON/ALAT =342/28.  We are past the sun so we have some room now
to lower ALAT and take some pictures.  For the moment, we will hold ALON at
~342 and lower ALAT to approx. 10 degs, take some pictures and proceed from
that point.  The passband will probably be off for another 7-10 days, but
will be active as soon as possible, with the first half of the orbit favored..

M  QST AMSAT OSCAR-40                                2003 Dec 26

            ALON/ALAT ~ 342/28   ** Passbands off **
            Holding ALON and starting to lower ALAT.

           The AO-40 team would like your telemetry files!
Please "zip" compress your daily telemetry files and e-mail to:
                        ao40-archive@amsat.org

--W4SM for the AO-40 Command Group