Re: TR-44 Rotator help

Hi Gene,

For the past 30 years or so I have been using a 100 foot piece of Belden
cable that has 2 #18 wires and 6 #22 wires.  I don't remember the number
anymore.  I seem to remember that the 2 #18 wires were for the brake on a
HAM-M so it doesn't make much sense for the TR-44.  I think I am using
one for the gound connection and the other for the common AC connection.

Make sure you hook it up and check the operation of the 500 ohm pot
before you install it.  It will usually get "dirty" and intermittent if
not used for some time.  It can be cleaned with a good contact cleaner
and I also use a svery thin coat of clear silicone grease to cover the
surface of the pot after cleaning.  that seems to prevent (or slow down
future contact problems) Another potiential problem is the phase shift
capacitor in the control unit.  I uses something like a 180UF AC motor
phase shift capacitor in a HB control unit on mine.

Good luck,

73 de Jess - W4MVB