Re: LOTW

Hello Bruce,

I hope you and yours have the very best of this holiday season.

For the ARRL DXCC, WAS,  and VUCC programs with a separate SATELLITE
designation, the only special  requirement is  that the
QSL indicates a satellite QSO, in addition to the normal QSL
information. Why make things more complex with LOTW ?

As I have mentioned in a prior posting, the LOTW unfairly discriminates
against these satellite qso's by requiring more
and different details than any other ARRL award.

For example, a 20M operator has a valid  RTTY QSO and is applying for a
RTTY DXCC award.
There is only the requirement to indicate RTTY on the QSL card or with
the LOTW data entered.
There is NO requirement to indicate the RTTY fsk split, or the specific
mod/demod used.

The LOTW needs to "keep things simple". Use only the designation of
"SAT" or "SATELLITE".

Other supplementary data in a comments column may include the exact
satellite designation like
 AO-40 or AO40, SAUDI SAT 1C,  or whatever

The LOTW needs to be reprogrammed to facilitate recognition of valid
satellite QSO's.

Only with AMSAT leadership (emphasis) can this faux paux (sp) be corrected.

Stan, WA1ECF