RE: LOTW

>I think Amsat-NA should work out a standard with the ARRL (LOTW). But you
>will always have hams who work satellites who are NOT Amsat members and
>may not read the Amsat guidelines or choose to use them. Therefore LOTW
>must be more flexible and have a knowledge base of the possible names for
>all the major ham satellites so they will issue a match for QSOs that work
>... AO-40, AO40, Oscar 40, P3D, etc.

  I know nothing about LOTW, don't even know what it is, but I disagree
that ARRL should have anything to do with AMSAT.  It seems as though they
screw up everything they've ever touched in connection with amateur radio
satellites...

But I do agree with Russ on the following:

>>  However, let me suggest
>>that I think W3XO may still have the responsibility of coordinating
>>amateur satellite names with each builder/launcher, so perhaps he is in
>>the best position to have the final say.  Once that is done, perhaps it
>>can be conveyed to sat users, LOTW managers, etc.

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....