RE: LOTW

Log Window takes the satellite name from NOVA, if Nova is loaded and
running at the time of the QSO Log event.
I think Amsat-NA should work out a standard with the ARRL (LOTW). But you
will always have hams who work satellites who are NOT Amsat members and may
not read the Amsat guidelines or choose to use them. Therefore LOTW must be
more flexible and have a knowledge base of the possible names for all the
major ham satellites so they will issue a match for QSOs that work ...
AO-40, AO40, Oscar 40, P3D, etc.

W4SCO