PCsat ops going well

PCsat is doing fine and will continue in good Sun through New Years Eve.
Seeing about 50 users per day and 30 per pass over the USA.  Any packet
station can copy her, just tune 145.825 and watch (1200 baud normal AX.25
packet).

To transmit though her, just set your unproto to UNPROTO APRS VIA WIDE, go
to CONVERSE and type something to somone else you see. This is the same
path as APRS users use terrestrially.  (RELAY, PCSAT-1 and W3ADO-1 also
work)... .

See also all captured packets on the downlink on http://pcsat.aprs.org

Passes occur in the mornings and evenings your LOCAL time as shown below:

Sats      06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 00
----      -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
SO50                                   *********** *
ISS         ***************************
NO44 & 45  ************             *************

Sapphire (45) is 10 minutes behind PCsat in the same orbit.  Her uplink is
145.945 and very weak downlink is on 437.095 +/- Doppler.  Her digi
callsign is VIA KE6QMD.  ISS is not doing packet these days, but we can
hope... so I included it in the list.  THese times are for mid N
latitudes.

During travels, set your mobile to 145.825.  When you hear one PCSAT pass,
the next one is exactly 100  minutes later  and the NEXT day the same pass
is 30 minutes earlier.  (And Sapphire is 10 minutes behind it but takes a
UHF beam to hear it on 437.095, though it is easy to hit on 145.945..)

de WB4APR, Bob