From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Anthony Monteiro
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 8:02 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Kenwood THF6 vs Icom IC-R10

Hi Ron and Wayne,

I can second Wayne's recommendation of an FT-817 for
AO-40. I use one mostly for AO-40 as a beacon receiver.
It also doubles as a fun QRP rig when you are away on vacation.

For AO-40, it has a nice feature in that you can turn off the
AGC, unlike most radios today, so you can easily make meaningful
S/N ratio measurements. And it has a decent computer interface
that works perfectly with "InstantTune" - my favorite
automatic Doppler tuning software :)

73,
Tony AA2TX

---

>Ronald Nutter wrote:
>
>I am looking to get an additional radio primarily for AO-40 receive.
From