Re: Re: Kenwood THF6 vs Icom IC-R10

Hi Ron and Wayne,

I can second Wayne's recommendation of an FT-817 for
AO-40. I use one mostly for AO-40 as a beacon receiver.
It also doubles as a fun QRP rig when you are away on vacation.

For AO-40, it has a nice feature in that you can turn off the
AGC, unlike most radios today, so you can easily make meaningful
S/N ratio measurements. And it has a decent computer interface
that works perfectly with "InstantTune" - my favorite
automatic Doppler tuning software :)

73,
Tony AA2TX

---