RE: Computer controlled radio seen at AMSAT Annual Meeting 03

FYI,  Gerald has modified two SDR-1000's for my
experimentation.  One is 100+ Khz wide, and will be used to
do 56 kbps FSK to/from AMSAT-Echo (also mentioned in the
tag team talk by AB2KT, AC5OG, and I at the AMSAT annual).
The 1 Mhz wide version is easily done by changing the
capacitors.  I might also mention that Matt Ettus is
close to releasing the USRP (see ARRL/TAPR 2003 DCC
in Hartford proceedings) which will easily handle the
1 Mhz wide signal and has decimate/downsamping to narrow
channels and has USB 2.0 interfacing.

Naturally, ALL of this is for experimenters.  SDR packaged
in this way so that it is truly more software than hardware
for the first time, SHOULD BE experimental while we decide
the right ways to proceed.

Cheers!
Bob
N4HY