Re: Computer controlled radio seen at AMSAT Annual Meeting 03

Gunther, the Software Defined Radio we saw at Toronto is described here:
http://www.Flex-Radio.com
I played with it for an hour and was most impressed.  Gerry Youngblood, AC5OG is
the creator as well as the supplier of the three PC boards required.  You might
want to see the theory behind this radio in QEX for Jul/Aug 02, Sep/Oct 02 and
Nov/Dec 02 and Mar/Apr 03.  It is rather heavy but great for technical types.
     Your idea of a automated AO40 Earth station is a good one.  I've been doing
just this in a limited way with the PCR 1000 and new software on LEO satellites.
Not much progress as there just is too much to be done in the CUBESAT labs now!
Cliff K7RR