Re: G5500 Controller with G550A, G450A

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 10:07, Jim Jerzycke wrote:
> That's strange.....my G-450 turns 450*. It has an "Overlap" indicator
> that lights when you've gone past 360*, and doesn't stop for another
> 90*.

That's correct, the G450A is a 450 degree rotor with one of those
compass like control boxes that will swing around an extra 90 degrees.
A 5400 box sounds like it will work, it'll just require a new meter
scale since the 450 is south centered and 450 degrees.  But I guess what
I'm hearing is there is no electrical reasons why a 5400 or 5500 box
won't work?  If there's a start capacitor in both the box and the rotor
is that gonna be a big deal?

Ryan Butler
kb0jqo@amsat.org