Re: Re: Secrets...

In a message dated 12/9/03 12:54:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lihan161051@earthlink.net writes:

> What I've been wanting to try my hand at, as an example, is building a
>  reasonably good quality HELAPS (or possibly a better type if there is
>  one) amplifier for a transponder.

Bruce,

I have two articles that may be of interest. Both are in pdf format.

1.) A Linear Transponder for Amateur Radio Satellites by Dr. Karl Meinzer, DJ
4 ZC from VHFCOM which discusses AO-7 HELAPS.
2.) The Third Generation by Jan King, W3GEY from the Nov/Dec 1980 Orbit
magazine on P3A.

They are ~ 2 MB in size each.

I read them when I was working with AO-7 and also investigating the "partial
HELAPS" K Band transponder on AO-40. Let me know if you're interested.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator