Re[2]: Re: Secrets...

Hello Bruce,

> What I've been wanting to try my hand at, as an example, is building a
> reasonably good quality HELAPS (or possibly a better type if there is
> one) amplifier for a transponder.

Look at http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/p3d/ where you can read an
article by Dick Jansson, WD4FAB and Bill Tynan, W3XO in which is said:
"The HELAPS precepts are a bit complex for discussion here, but Jan King,
W3GEY, gave a clear description of the principle in AMSAT's ORBIT magazine.
These techniques are the mainstay on the high-power amplifiers aboard
Phase 3D. Designing HELAPS amplifiers is tricky business, understood by
many microwave designers--amateur or commercial. Design, construction,
troubleshooting and final checkout of these amplifiers is another major
task confronting the Phase 3D design team."

Looked up through Google.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM