Re: powering downconverter

> can anybody point me to a web resource where I can find a project for the
> "thingie" to send 12 V up the coax to the downconverter for AO40?

Piero,

Here's a link from the Amsat-ZL web page. These power inserters are built
into low-cost, three port, common cable-tv splitter cases. One port is for
DC in (15-18v), one for DC pass (to downconverter), and the third port is DC
blocked (rig connection).

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jpsl/powering_remote_units1.htm

I've built two of these, and they work well.

Good luck,

73

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN