No Subject

73, Andre.
pe1oig at pe1oig dot net - www.pe1oig.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Andre PE1OIG
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 21:54
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Where to place passband filter in signal chain?

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some serious desense problems in mode-J.
At the moment I'm using an FT-847 with 70cm X-Quad + SSB preamp and
2m X-Quad + SSB preamp (pictures and schematic are on my website).

I'm researching for some good designs for passband filters now.
Two questions:

- What is the best place to insert the passband filter?
  (2m or 70cm or both? should it be between antenna and preamp or can
   it be installed inside the shack?)

- Links to good filter designs to build are welcome

Thanks,

Andre PE1OIG