Re: Re: Secrets...

I am a computer programmer and release all of my sofware as free
software, the concept of free software is that the source code must be
included along with the software. This way the sofware can be improved
and the errors in it can be noticed and fixed. A lot of software is
released under the GNU public license this lisence gives the creator of
the software credit. now there comes a few problems when applying this
to hardware, the creator of the schematic can keep his name with it, but
as far as the boards produced from it there is very little way to allow
the creator of the schematic credit on the board. If the schematics are
released for AO-40 and other satilites are published it will allow more
experimentation as well as allow more people to start working with the
technology. I have always thought that this is what ham radio is about
learning about the technology of radio and how it can be used to benefit
people, and it is in my opinion that releasing the schematics would do
this, releasing them would be as easy as scanning them.

andrewjj20
VA7JAJ