Re: Re: Secrets...

On Saturday 06 December 2003 09:48, William Leijenaar wrote:
> Hi AMSATs,
>
> In my opinion these circuits must not beeing sold. Then they would only get
> to the 'rich' amateurs that even don't know how to hold a screw-driver, but
> talk like they are the best designers in the world.
>
> The designs must be available for the real designers. designers that can
> proof they know what they are talking about, and it doesn't matter if they
> have money enough to buy these circuits.
>
> Me as designer of the Dutch VUSAT transponder have received many emails
> with questions for thecircuit designs of my transponder. Even kits, and
> complete copies of my transponder have been asked. I refuse to give any of
> these information to these hams, because they are not interresting in the
> technology, but only in copying and having a transponder (with their name
> on it at the end ofcourse), and I have spend many time and money to
> develope it...
> (I already have many experience with other projects of me, its a way of
> learning to protect your designs)
> Real designers will come with technical questions, about circuit parts, not
> about questions about whole transponders...
>
> Keep them only for the real designers, it keeps the level of technology
> high, and the future satellite better :o)
>
> Designers must design a satellite and talkers must talk about the project
> to the people around the world to make the project more interresting to
> financers :o)
> Everyone its own part... that would make everything so much easier...
>
> 73 de PE1RAH, William
> ---

Man is Ham Radio getting screwed up as a group...  MINE MINE MINE... your not
smart enough to understand my design... BUG OFF I did the work....

did it every occur? if your call is on the boards, if you publish the design
that you in effect tell the world this layout is mine...  this design is
mine? many people cheaply copyright things just by publishing... it does show
prior work....

 Ya sure there might be someone who would copy it and remove your info, and
when everyone saw it was your design what do you think would happen to the
credibility to the one claiming it as theirs?

so if I understand this right.... all you "REAL DESIGNERS" wink wink nudge
nudge secret handshake will "Keep them only for the real designers, it keeps
the level of technology high, and the future satellite better :o)"

Great!   then you good old boys should fund it yourself....

  I'm sorry but with an attitude such as yours I would suggest a new
organization should be founded... one that the members donate to, and then
get maybe a Surrey or a small Sat company to build a sat with just what the
donaters want... a simple FM Leo or a mode b bird or a HEO, no wheels, no GPS
, no extra packages that some designer wanted to try out.. it might cost the
same or more, heck it might cost less but at least it would be the members
Sat and they could feel like they were part of it...

    and let you elitist snob nosed designers fund your own  stuff...
all you seem to want from us rabble is our money....

Rant mode off

shields up Mr. Sulu

73
Kevin