Re: New satellites

I agree completely.  We need something else like UO14
that people can get on using an HT.  That is the way
to get people bitten by the satellite bug.  Most
people don't want to drop $1000 plus to find out if
they like the satellites or not.  I only got started
because I had a TS2000.  I didn't buy it with the
intention of getting on the satellites, though.

I also liked the RS satellites, especially RS13 when
it was in mode T.  That was a blast.  It was always
neat to work people who didn't know they were going
through the satellites because they were hearing you
direct on 15 meters.  Many were surprised when I told
them I was receiving them on 2 meters

73s John NE0P

Majordomo@amsat.org