Re: Cracks in Earth's Magnetic Field

> Hi all,
> I saw the following statement in a bulletin - "  STORMY SPACE WEATHER SLIPS
> THROUGH CRACKS
> Immense cracks in Earth's magnetic field remain open for hours, allowing
> the solar wind to gush through and power stormy space weather, according
> to new observations from NASA and European satellites.

Interesting.  There was recently an interesting program on PBS, a NOVA show
about the earth's magnetic field.  In short the suggestion was that the
earth's magnetic field is decreasing rapidly and could reverse within the next
100 years.  Supposedly, one of the initial symptoms of this reversal process
is theorized to be areas of no or reversed magnetism.
  It was an interesting show, in case anyone gets a chance to see it.

--
Bill Jones  N3JLQ  Sweden Maine   wejones@megalink.net

Main home page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones
WWII/B-17 page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html