Downconverters and coax imp.

Hi all!

Now that it appears that my 2.4 GHz downlink works, with much needed additional improvements, I have a question about MMDS downconverters and coax impedence.  Most D/C would normally use 75 ohm coax as their transmission needs. If I put a preamp at the antenna and the D/C a few feet from it, then back to the rig, I would need to run some low loss coax like LDR400(?), etc. and that and most of the coax in this catagory is 50 ohms.  Does it really have much of an affect on the overall system?  From what I've been reading, the difference between 50 and 75 ohm coax is negligiable except for over extreme long runs, over 150 feet.

Jeff WB3JFS