Re: AO-7

Hi Mike,

Typically you rotate your antenna towards the satellite, then go outside
and look at where your antenna is pointing.  If it's pointing somewhere
dark, then it's night.  If it's pointing somewhere light, it would be day.  :-)

Seriously, the tracking program you use should show some indication.  It
may be an option you need to turn on, but MacDoppler Pro, Nova, Satscape,
SatPC32 all have them.  However even knowing where the day/night line is
isn't enough as that is the day/night line on earth, not in the sky.  Most
tracking programs also give you an indication when the satellite is
selected that will tell you if the satellite is illuminated or eclipsed,
but I know that Satscape isn't accurate in this regard.  MacDoppler Pro and
Nova are.

73,

Emily