RE: SO50 control operators

Satscape also does this as part of the program with a voice synthesizer

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Emily Clarke
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2003 8:49 AM
To: Robert Turlington; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] SO50 control operators

At 10:22 AM 11/29/2003 +0000, Robert Turlington wrote:
>there have been a number of comments on the BB recently about SO50 not
>being switched on by control operators,can everybody please bear in mind
>that these people may have [...] just simply forgot.

As for forgetting, I can relate to that.  The good news is there are a
couple of solutions for that.

1) If you use a PC there is a very nice "satellite alarm clock" called Sat
Explorer that will alert you before a satellite comes over.  Unlike a
tracking program it is small and unobtrusive when kept running on the
desktop, highlights the entry for the next arrival and sets off an alarm at
a time of your chosing before the satellite comes into view.  You can
download it for free from http://perso.club-internet.fr/f1orl/satexG.htm

2) If you use a Sharp Zaurus palm computer, the latest version of
PetitTrack (V1.20) has a new feature that will sound an alarm one minute
before the satellite comes into view.  This is handy if you are going to be
outside the shack or mobile.  You can find PetitTrack at
http://www.qsl.net/n1vtn/petittrack.html

73,

Emily