Re: 2.4 GHz wireless network interference to AO-40 station ??

Hi Jeff,

I had the same worry, and was surprised to find that I couldn't even detect
the presence of the Wi-Fi net.  If you use the upper channels (11 is best),
you will be clear of AO-40's downlink.  But, as an experiment, I tried using
channel 1, and still couldn't hear it.  In fact, my "DSL" service is from a
wireless ISP, yes, on channel 1.  The Wi-Fi antenna is a 18 dbi patch with a
built-in radio; it's aimed away from my AO-40 antenna, but even with a good
front/back there's got to be a bunch of energy coming out of the rear.  But
I can aim my AO-40 dish right at the patch, and the ISP's transmitter behind
it, and don't hear a thing.  Can't explain why.

I suppose if you had a whole bunch of computers and APs all on channel 1, it
would raise the noise floor enough to be a problem.  Put them on 11 and
you'll be fine.  I've discussed that possibility with my ISP, and he's
willing to make the change, if his service becomes a problem.

Now, if they could just kill those #!$%^#% cordless phones....

Greg  KO6TH