Re: SaudiSats (was Re: No Luck)

Hi Tony,

As I understand it, a lot of when SO-50 is turned on depends on the control
operator(s) in that geographical region.  So whether or not it is on during
the 05:30z pass probably really on whether or not the control op on the
east coast stays awake after midnight.  If the control op is early to bed
and early to rise, probably not.  If the control op is a night owl, then
probably. In either case, I'd report the results to this list, and maybe
the control op will make an extra effort to make sure it's on.

The good news is that SO-50 is in a Molniya orbit and that time will become
earlier and earlier over time.  So I believe the odds of it being turned on
will increase.

73,

Emily

Tony AA2AE asked:

>Emily
>
>How often would you say SO-50 is on duing the week? There's an early morning
>pass starting around 05:30z here on the east coast. Thought I'd stay up and
>try my luck.
>
>73, Tony - AA2AE

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.projectoscar.net
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7