Re: UHF Yagi w/ PVC boom

David,
I have been using that design (Kent, WA5VJB's "cheap Yagi") as my main 70 cm antenna for the last 2 years.  I built a 10x2-element version using 1" sched. 40 PVC and #10 AWG Cu wire.  It is easy to build, simple to tune, and fairly broadbanded across the whole 2 MHz satellite band.  I built mine specifically for AO-40 when I found my 6x2 a little lacking under high squint conditions (and after seeing G6LVB's fine version at amsat-uk).  I painted it with several coats of cheap acrylic paint and have not noted any droop or brittleness in over 2 years of service.

You can see several pics of it on the top picture (just the top pic) on each of the following links on my web page:  http://members.aol.com/k5oe

- Dual Patch Feed
- MMDS Dishes
- S-Band Toys