UHF Yagi w/ PVC boom

Hi all,

I'm building one of the CLARC 435Mhz AMSAT yagis with 11 elements for
general AMSAT use.  I'm planning on using two in a crossed configuration
on a PVC boom.  The page discusses the use of wood booms but I assume
this is to utilize more generally available materials.  Should I expect
any problems from white SCH40 PVC?  Also I've heard good things about
this series of antennas---anyone want to pass along any experiences?

-David Carr
 KD5QGR