NO-45 nearly operational (was: Re: NO-45, UI digipeat)

Sapphire (NO-45) is in the midst of a checkout/restoration process
expected to take about two more weeks.  At that point, we'll open him up
for amateur digipeating service using the same framework as PCSAT.

You can track status updates on the PCSAT page:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat.html

This will be somewhat of a haphazard 'payload' as Sapphire wasn't
originally intended for digipeating.  So we'll probably see some of the
problems in missed digipeating mentioned below.

73,
Mike Swartwout, KE6YNJ
Sapphire operations lead

P.S.  Jerry -- sorry for the aggravation.  Power & manpower constraints
forced us to only one on-board transmitter, so it has to work as both
beacon and data downlink.  Eventually, those CW pulses will mean
something; they'll contain status data.  When that change happens, we'll
publish the translation instructions.  For now, it's just a tracking beacon.