Re: ECHO LIDS

> When I see some real numbers, the checkbook will come out...

Ill add that to the list of Other common excuses:

1) "Ill wait till its in orbit, then Ill help out..."...
2) "Its HAM radio and HAM radio is supposed to be free..."
3) "Its an FM bird, I dont like FM so I'm not helping..."
4) "Why can't they get a free ride somewhere..."
5) "Why are they always asking for money.? "
6) "I already spent $2500 for a radio, $750 for an antenna controller,
    $250 for an antenna, etc....  Now they want me to send in $100
    for a satellite to use it with!  Geeze...

OR YOU CAN TAKE THE ATTITUDE:

1) It takes money (lots of it) to build and launch satellites
2) Those that are doing ALL THE WORK are spending thousands of hours
   of FREE labor to get the job done, but they have to pay material
   and services costs and expenses that the project incurs
3) NO ONE IS WASTING your $$$$ (like the crooks on Wall street)
4) Hiring a bean counter to nickle and dime and report is just an
   added expense (unless there is hanky-panky going on - which there
   isnt)

So if one wants satellites, then contribute and trust and support those of
our community that are stepping forward and doing all the work.  If one
isn't contributing, then get out of the way...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Bob
WB4APR