AO-40 Update, 2003-11-25

AO-40 is now at approximately ALON/ALAT = 45/24.   As we have reached our
desired ALON/ALAT and the sun is in prime position for the move, we have
stopped magnetorquing and will begin drifting immediately.  The passbands
have been turned off and will remain off for approximately 4 weeks.  The
middle beacon will remain on.  Drift rate is approximately 16 deg/day.  We
should be in a position to begin lowering ALAT and restarting the passbands
during the 4th week in December.

The command team will make every effort to have FEC telemetry active, but
this may not be possible on every orbit.

Thank you for your patience.

--W4SM for the AO-40 Command Team.