ECHO

Hello BOD and All,
    got my letter in the mail asking for money for ECHO, pretty weak tea....

    Nothing really set it apart from many other similar letters.

    I am a AMSAT member, I read the journal,   but very little info has been
put out as far as I know  on the fund raising status.

   I remember when the battle cry was donate money! and you can pick ECHO or
EAGLE for where it goes ... never heard a peep out of that... I even asked
once before here on the BB on the stats... nothing....

  I have watched ideas come to the BB, be debated, rise, crash, and then just
fade away... does the BOD have a campaign or something different up their
sleeve planned? better hurry...

  ECHO supposedly launches in March... not a lot of time left to raise
money....

  So it boils down to this....

  Could someone on the BOD take all of 5 mins and send a email.... and answer
a few questions...

   How much has been raised for ECHO since the project started? and how short
are we? we know the launch is 110K but what was the final cost on building
the sat through spacequest? have the donation letters been working to pay
those costs?

   How much has been raised so far for EAGLE?

   If we are short of funds for the ECHO launch what will happen? postpone
launch?  other options?

  Now days lots of different groups are asking for funds, one really needs to
know where there money is going before they dive in....

Thanks
Kevin WA6FWF