From: "James C. Hall, MD" <>
To: "Edward R. Cole" <>
Cc: <>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 14:09
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Help interfacing Unitrac to FT-847

Hi Ed:

I also had questions about the extra wires when I got mine.  I believe
you will need the specific cable that will interface to the CAT
connector on the 847.  There is an extra pair of wires for external
control of another device.  I just leave these unconnected since I'm
only interfacing the 847 and the G5500.  When bought new, they ask you
which radio you are interfacing so they can give you the correct cable.
  Somebody on the list may have a wiring diagram so you can make a DB9
plug for the CAT connection.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL