Re: N connectors

On Sunday 23 November 2003 05:05, Jim Walls wrote:
  The biggest problem
> I have seen with the clamp type connectors is that the only thing really
> providing any mechanical attachment of the cable to the connector is the
> wires of the shield.  The clamp does not grip the cable hardly at all
> and I have seen the wires of the shield break until the cable pulls out
> of the connector.

If that's the case then you haven't fitted it correctly.

More important, clamp type connectors are reasonably rater resistant, the "2 part" connectors have no water resistance at all.
 I know which I prefer.
Nigel A. Gunn. 59 Beadlemead, Milton Keynes, MK6 4HF, England.
Tel +44 (0)1908 604044 or 07774 478270 (mobile)
e-mail nigel@ngunn.net   http://www.ngunn.net
Amateur radio stations  G8IFF, M0NHF, KC8NHF
Member of  AMSAT-NA  LM-1691, AMSAT-UK #182, ARRL,
           Flying Pig #385, Dayton ARA #2128, Milton Keynes ARC
Supporter of MK Lightning and Dayton Bombers Ice Hockey Teams