MARS ODESSEY heard in Bochum!

Dear All,

Some more good news from our team in Bochum:

Today at Bochum some improvements were made to the receive system, about +4 dB
in fact.  MARS EXPRESS was again received at increased strength.

In addition MARS ODESSEY was heard on 8407 MHz; it is in orbit about the red
planet, so lots of doppler and occultations.

A very good day indeed.  It is early days, and there are still aligments,
calibrations and improvements to come, but we basically have a high quality
precision instrument to be very proud of.

more at: http://www.amsat-dl.org/p5a/p5a-bochum-eng.htm

73s Peter, DB2OS