N connectors

Howdy Gang:

I have heard some not so nice things about the new type of N connector that
goes together  like the PL259 connector.  Both the center pin and the shield
are soldered to this two-piece connector.

This arrangement is much easier in my mind than putting the typical N
connector together but I've heard that this new connector does not have a
constant impedance and is not a good connector to use.

Has anyone on the BB made any measurements on these new connectors to see if
they are really suitable for use at UHF and higher???   Or am I just hearing
another urban myth:-)

                                                        73, Joe W2KJ
                                                        North CArolina