predict install error

When I run the ./configure command  I get this response

one moment please
./configure: line15: cc: command not found
compilation failed
are you sure you have a c compiler (gcc) installed

Am I missing a command or program?

I do not want to take up much more space on the amsat bb on this matter but
if some body has an answer that would be great or would work with me through
email in trying to set up the predict satellite program for linux that would
be a big help.

Mike
N6IMF